Lead Backend Engineer (TypeScript/Node.js) - 100% Remote (United States)


100% Remote

Lead Backend Engineer (TypeScript/Node.js) - 100% Remote (United States)

Our company is focused on designing innovative applications to make remote work more efficient as well as leveraging flexible, creative design workforces for enterprises.

We’re seeking a skilled Lead Backend Engineer (TypeScript) with strong communication skills who loves to build, is passionate about backend architecture, and deeply interested in the how and why of software development.

 

What you’ll do

  • Tackle our backend codebases, making strategic decisions about which technologies to implement, and tactical decisions about how to implement them
  • Assist in product development by planning, speccing, and pointing our two-week sprints with the Engineering team
  • Spend about 85% of your time working user stories more-or-less on your own schedule, with the other 15% of your time at Agile ceremonies that are short, but sweet
  • In the near term, you will be spending a lot of time in the development trenches, building upon the tested, strongly-typed Node.js middleware within our serverless architecture
  • In the medium to long term, you will be mentoring junior engineers, leading scrum teams, and managing the construction of a feature-rich product using iterative development practices

 

What you’ll get

  • To spend a significant portion of your dev time researching and potentially implementing different backend patterns for an increasingly complex platform
  • The ability to make a big impact on the business in its growth stage: your experience and opinions will carry significant weight in the development of our platform's architecture
  • In the medium to long term, the opportunity to lead a team of developers and engineers under your responsibility

 

Our Team

  • Today we’re a small but mighty team of 14 and growing really fast!
  • We recently raised a $6M+ seed round from some awesome investors including Stage 2 Capital, ReThink Education and Authentic Ventures
  • We’re excited to build the next generation of products that delights our customers and gives our designers tools for continuous improvement

 

Required Experience

  • Expert-level (or near expert level) TypeScript experience
  • Strong experience with Node.js
  • Strong backend development experience, and able to own the backend stack (this is a not a full stack position)
  • Strong experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs in a variety of languages and frameworks
  • Solid knowledge and experience with Git, CI/CD, SQL/NoSQL databases
  • Good experience working closely with a Front End team
  • The awareness that your knowledge is incomplete; the curiosity to seek out what you don’t know; and the courage to tackle learning it


This experience is a plus! 

  • DevOps skills and experience working with containerization and serverless architecture
  • Experience with cloud providers, and specifically with AWS
  • Experience writing code in a test-driven development (TDD) environment
Posted On :  Thu, Jan, 19, 2023


Name(Required)
Accepted file types: docx, doc, pdf, Max. file size: 2 MB.
Consent(Required)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.