Director, Sales & Solutions
Director, Sales & Solutions - seeking a seasoned sales professional with deep experience selling complex data solutions into the retail industry.
You are the Revenue leader for the suite of data and advertising technology solutions.
To be successful in this role, you have a proven track record of driving complex solutions sales and revenue growth, and a track record of successfully selling data and insights SaaS solutions in the retail industry.
You are accountable for achieving the sales quota for selling data insight products and solutions directly to brands and retailers.
You have the leadership experience to oversee the sales team and carry the following responsibilities:
- Generating new demand, revenue and profit margin within a target list of client prospects from the apparel and soft goods industry
- Own the Pipeline target and achieve the sales quota for the data insights business
- Align prospects’ marketing and advertising vision and requirements with the portfolio of data solutions to deliver differentiated customer value.
- Manage the sales reps to build pipeline in their territories.
- Align closely with the product teams to provide expansive client solutions
- Leverage an understanding of advertising and marketing purchasing cycles, decision making processes, advertising technology, and competitive offerings to successfully position and sell products to large and medium sized clients
- Establish a regular cadence of communication with clients at all levels and disciplines by effectively articulating value proposition
- Identify, execute and close new business following the sales process methodology
- Understand and execute the sales pipeline
- Forecast and commit to a revenue stream with high degree of accuracy, accelerating time to revenue
- Build a sales plan, and evaluate and revise it as required to maximize business opportunities
- Lead and develop account strategies including growth plans, budget and project timelines
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the clients’ business, goals, and strategies as well as industry trends and directions.
Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in software, technology, or data services sales and/or business development roles targeting apparel and fashion
- Successful demonstrated performance against quota for multiple years
- 5+ years in selling advertising technology or data services to Chief Marketing Officers or Chief Digital Officers in the apparel/soft goods industry
- Demonstrated understanding of solution selling
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships at a very senior level with clients, gaining trusted advisor status
- Demonstrated negotiation skills