Cloud Automation Engineer
Cloud Automation Engineer - In this role you will work as part of an agile team: design, build, and maintain automation platforms. You will develop automation systems for the enterprise to create systems in any state and run any desired simulations, all without human intervention. Additionally, you will continue the development of tools and systems involved in performance benchmarking.
Join the team that builds automation platforms with the same level of focus and importance as the customer-facing software. Applies iterative and introspective approaches to software development, with an eye on continuous improvement and an intense focus on priorities.
- Work on an agile team to design, build, and maintain automation platforms, performance testing tools, and related infrastructure.
- Work with infrastructure engineers and product-facing developers to implement automation platforms, infrastructure, and processes.
- Ensure a high level of build health through monitoring and continuous improvement
- Develop tooling to model and visualize performance.
- Communicate the state of system performance, particularly with regard to significant deltas and current bottlenecks.
- Support consumers of the automation platform and tools.
- Ensure high levels of uptime for critical systems.
- Advocate for high quality development patterns and testing tools throughout the organization.
- Help maintain build pipelines by assisting with deployment automation.
Best qualified candidates have:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization, especially with a focus on automation.
- Experience using cloud products, especially AWS and Google.
- Experience with Linux and bash scripting.
- Technologically flexible approach to building software, with a focus on patterns over tools.
- Proficiency in at least one modern language.
- Understanding of general statistical analysis.
- Basic understanding of probability and the scientific method and how they might apply to developing high quality software.
- CI/CD pipelines.
- Build automation systems such as Jenkins.
- Environment automation.
- Data science libraries, such as Plotly.
- Cloud-based PaaS solutions.
Technologies in use:
- Boost test