TechOps Engineer - fintech
TechOps Engineer - responsible for tweaking code and owning deployment in user acceptance tests and production environments. You have the ability to manage multiple priorities and have a keen interest in defining and improving processes. To support our expansion we require fully hands-on and experienced TechOps Engineers.
- Part of a 24x7 operations team responsible for service availability and operations execution and management.
- Monitor system availability, latency, data integrity, capacity and overall health.
- Effectively escalate service outages and drive incident management processes.
- Track transactions throughout the trade lifecycle by reviewing system logs.
- Respond to HelpDesk queries related to system or business transactions.
- Channel product/ feature related queries to the product development teams.
- Post-execution for trade processing, settlement, reconciliation and reporting functions.
- Identification, investigation and resolution of errors, discrepancies and queries promptly to ensure timely settlements.
Qualified candidates have:
- 10+ years of relevant working experience with a strong technical and operational background.
- Experience in fintech, blockchain industries is preferred, preferably within a financial context.
- Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS or GCP).
- Team orientated with ability to take ownership of the operations function and prioritize effectively.
- Comfortable working with Linux/ Windows operating systems to be able to view and interpret transaction/ system logs.
- Analytical and able to problem solve logically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to handle mutl-party, complex issues spanning technical and business domains.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
The Most Qualified candidates also have:
- Work or exposure to cloud native technologies.
- Exposure to Kubernetes, helm, containerisation, dockers. Automation using Hashicorp Terraform and Ansible.
- CI/CD tools like Jenkins, github, buildkite and Artifactory.
- Familiarity with CDN technologies, VPN , cloud based Authentication, WebAuthN, Istio, Anthos, general load balancing, DNS, WAF, DDoS, OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities.
- Monitoring/tracing tools like NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana, Zipkin.
- Messaging products like Swift, Fix, Kafka and RabbitMQ.