Experienced AWS Architect for Tysons Corner, VA (direct hire – full time). AWS Architect will design and develop overall architecture for hosting environment in AWS GovCloud and will be responsible for migrating applications to AWS GovCloud. You will author framework for scripts, and develop strategies for configuration management, using software development best practices. You will be responsible for written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintain documentation of process flow.
- The candidate will be a member of a managed services team responsible for, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Involved in the complete software development life-cycle
- Interface directly with the client and build good working relationships throughout all organizational levels
- Provide technology leadership to the managed services team
- Assess risks and impacts of the existing hosting environment and get knowledge transfer
- Establish development tools, guidelines and conventions for development in Shell Scripting, Windows PowerShell, Python, and other programming languages as needed
- Design, code, and test Infrastructure as Code (IaC) scripts
- Maintain existing scripts by evaluating and improving existing code and applying bug fixes
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Work with other software development teams and understand their infrastructure requirements.
- Build infrastructure monitoring strategies and instrument AWS environment
- Public Trust Active (minimum), Secret Clearance Active (preferred)
- Bachelor of Science in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Information Technology or related field (equivalent experience will be considered).
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Certification
- Ability to get Security+ certification
- Minimum 10 years of related experience in software infrastructure development and management.
- Agile Development experience, preferably with Scrum.
- Strong technical design and development skills in order to provide scalable, efficient solutions to complex business problems
- Cloud – Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) 2 years’ experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience designing new systems from the ground up as well as assuming responsibility for existing systems and provide noticeable and significant improvements
- Problem solving skills to troubleshoot business critical systems during outages
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Able to quickly pick up new technology and perform thorough product evaluations
- Able to present technical solutions to partners and customers