Capital TechSearch is searching for an experienced IT Security Analyst to support a large Security Operations (SOC) environment in the San Antonio area.
The Security Analyst will join a team of experienced cyber security professionals whose mission it is to protect the information assets of a large technology firm.
Performing systems and network analysis of network infrastructure, applications, operating systems, firewalls, proxy devices and more
- Participate in solutions development for new products as they are introduced to the organization.
- Handling escalations from Security Specialists and Associate Analysts.
- Reviewing system logs to research potential security events using SIEM and endpoint tools
- Data packets analysis to determine malicious activities
- Participate in developing processes, procedures, training, etc. for new technologies.
- Participate in incident response activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security or related field.
- 2-5+ years experience in an information technology role.
- 2-5+ years Cyber Security related experience.
- Experience in a SOC or MSSP environment
- Knowledge of web application security and in vulnerability management required.
- SIEM experience (working knowledge of use cases, reporting and trending, rules creation) such as Cyguard, FortiSIEM, Arcsight, QRadar.
- IPS/IDS: Writing signatures or investigating events.
- Experience with packet analysis tools, such as Wireshark.
- Perform basic hunt activities for enterprise networks.
- Understanding of network protocols TCP/IP, 802.11, layer 2 and 3 switching, DHCP, DNS, network security, cloud computing and troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on experience with security products including intrusion detection systems (Snort/SourceFire), endpoint solutions (McAfee, Cisco AMP) and firewalls (CheckPoint, Cisco PIX, PALO).
- Operating systems knowledge and systems administration skills for various versions of UNIX, LINUX, or Windows and ability to read and understand Windows logs.
Related Jobs (5)
Security Operations Specialist with IR and Forensics on January 9, 2020 Full Time