Capital TechSearch is seeking a full-time WordPress Developer for Arlington, VA.
The position will be solely responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing our corporate websites and requires a WordPress expert proficient in web development and comfortable with back-end technology.
- Front End Web Development and Publishing:
- Recommend or create custom WordPress themes, plug-ins and widgets to meet business requirements.
- Work with our creative teams to implement user interface and content enhancements and provide user experience, best-practice recommendations, when necessary.
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display.
- Set-up and manage a version-control system such as Git.
- Research and implement best practices for web performance, scalability, and accessibility.
- Execute content updates across all corporate websites.
- Back End Web Development:
- Integrate third-party APIs with WordPress and, if necessary, create scalable backend APIs that are easily deployed.
- Integrate data from various services and databases and manage integrations.
- Knowledge of WPengine server administration.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Professional experience in software development, installation, enhancement, maintenance, unit testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution of related issues.
- High-level programming skills and in-depth knowledge of PHP/HTML/CSS/JS.
- Advanced understanding of the WordPress CMS including: custom themes, custom plugins, and framework methodologies.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and development best practices.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- 5+ years of experience in front-end and back-end development.
- Experience with full stack architecture, as well as API design and implementation.
- Experience working with cloud native architecture such as AWS or Azure.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks and shifting priorities within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills